Once complete in 2021, Orchard Station will be a major transport hub in Singapore. It will provide correspondence between the Thomson-East Coast Line and the North-South Line, and will serve one of the main centres for premium shopping, office and housing in the city.
In Singapore, as part of the construction of the Thomson-East Coast Line (TEL), the consortium made up of Penta Ocean Construction and Bachy Soletanche Singapore (BSS) – in association with the Group’s Major Projects division (Soletanche Bachy International) and Bessac, has been awarded the Orchard Station & Tunnels works.
Acting as a general contractor for the Land Transport Authority, this contract was awarded to us on the basis of the quality of our proposal and the innovations proposed, particularly the retractable microtunnelling machine used to form the pipe roofing and walls for the underpass below the busy Orchard Boulevard.
This site involves working on multiple fronts and consists of:
- Foundation works, civil engineering and fitting out the new Orchard Station (210m long)
- Construction of a cut-and-cover link to the station on one side (250m long)
- A bi-tube tunnel to the station on the other side, 840m long with an external diameter of 6.35m
- Three access points to the new station and the approach to a future pedestrian crossing under Orchard Boulevard
- The connecting platform with the station on the North-South Line
- The connection between that platform and the new station