For the Soletanche Polska teams, this site represents a challenge in terms of geotechnical engineering, special foundations but also organization :
- The worksite is located in one of the busiest passenger traffic areas in Poland. The work needs to be carried out with as little impact as possible on these passengers, while ensuring the safety of the teams.
- The hydro-geological conditions are difficult and require the construction of a horizontal barrier, using approximately 41,000m3 of jet grouting, in order to minimise groundwater seepage into the underground structure.
Here is a large-scale project. By modernising Warsaw’s public transport and providing a hub for suburban and mainline trains, a tramway and a bus station, Warsaw West Station will become a real centre for communications in the city and thereby contribute to improving mobility for everyone.
And the work carried out by Soletanche Polska is already well advanced:
- The diaphragm wall under this multifunctional building has been completed.
- Sections 2, 3 and 4 of the tunnel have been completed
- The piles for the footbridge foundations have also been completed.
- Finally, the cut off wall by jet grouting has been finalized since the end of June.
The site is therefore on track to be delivered on time in 2022.
Development of the station modernisation project: DWAA Architekci
Investors: PKP Polskie Linie Kolejowe and Tramwaje Warszawskie
Main contractor: Budimex SA
Design and completion of special foundation works: Soletanche Polska