Zetas has been awarded a contract by Eril Architecture to upgrade the retaining walls of Gülhane Road, within the Topkapı Palace complex in the heart of Istanbul.
Topkapı Palace is located on the tip of the Sarayburnu (Seraglio Point), a promontory overlooking the Golden Horn, where the Bosphorus Strait meets the Sea of Marmara. Topkapı Palace was first built in 1459 on the order of Sultan Mehmed the Conqueror and the complex then expanded over the centuries, including major renovations. From the 1460s until the completion of Dolmabahçe Palace in 1856, it served as the administrative centre of the Ottoman Empire and was the principal residence of its sultans until the 17th century.
After the end of the Ottoman Empire in 1923, Topkapı was transformed into a museum by a government decree dated 3 April 1924. Topkapi Palace, which still serves as a museum today, was recognised by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site in 1985.